The Friends of Cloudland Canyon State Park (FOCCSP) are committed to the safety of all volunteers, staff and visitors at the park. Putting safety first is the responsibility of every volunteer.
Follow this link to read/sign the SAFETY PLEDGE.
The following guidelines are not all-inclusive. You must constantly work at ensuring the safety of all volunteers.
- At the work site, look for potential hazards, dangerous situations, or equipment in need of repair.
- Take two minutes before starting a project to talk about safety and potential risks.
- Remember basic first aid guidelines and carry a first aid kit to remote work locations.
- Practice good communication. And if you see unsafe behavior, speak up. Remember, you are responsible for everyone’s safety.
- Know the proper use of tools. Be sure the tools are appropriate for the job and in good repair.
- Deal with safety problems immediately. If the problem is one you cannot take care of personally, report it as soon as possible to the park office or park manager.